LJ 2008-12-03 10:48:00

Dec 3rd, 2008 | Filed under LiveJournal Import

Internet access at work is down, so I can’t do much online, which is a pain, since that’s half my job..

On the train into work today was *the* most articulate little toddler I’ve ever seen.. I so wanted to tell the mother how awesome her kid was, but I thought that might seem weird.. But he just spoke so clearly and correctly, it was really impressive.. At one point his mother made some reference to the gap between the ‘station and the platform’ and the he picked up on her mistake and she corrected it to the ‘train and the platform’..

I dunno, he just seemed really bright, on the ball, and very expressive.. Obviously now I’m all broody – so predictable…

Tags:
  1. ex_absentees659
    Dec 3rd, 2008 at 12:18

And a boy? Interesting. I’m always told how Nick speaks so well for his age. Him being the oldest child I am parenting, I have no real frame of reference. But then, working in the nursery since August, I’ve seen girls his age who don’t speak as well. So, it’s all hit or miss, in my opinion.

And you totally should have said something to the mom. It would have made her day.

Dec 3rd, 2008 at 12:28

My parents tell me that it was the same for them with me – with no strong basis for comparison they had to assume that my behaviour was pretty normal, when apparently, it wasn’t.. Still, besides taking me to Vegas to count cards, I don’t think that Toddler-Me would have had any practical applications, so I’m more than happy with having been treated like I’m normal :o)

2. Marcio
    Dec 3rd, 2008 at 15:14

Awww the biological clock. :P

Dec 3rd, 2008 at 15:17

Yeah, speaking of which, yours is ticking forwards in less than a week, don’t think I’ve forgotten :oP

• Marcio
        Dec 3rd, 2008 at 15:30

hahaha
        btw, when exactly is Alex’s birthday? He said it’s the 9th but I think I saw 10th somewhere else.. I know you can tell me for sure.

Dec 3rd, 2008 at 15:31

His is the same as yours, but on Facebook he lied in case somebody tried to use his details on there to steal his identity.

Personally I can’t think who on earth would want it… :o)

• Marcio
            Dec 3rd, 2008 at 15:32
            Quote | #7

Hahaha oh I see. That’s good then. Yay paranoia.

3. Carrie