LJ 2009-01-20 16:46:00

Jan 20th, 2009 | Filed under LiveJournal Import

Wow..

Watching the inauguration, the overriding thing that gets me is just how many happy people there are there, celebrating..

I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen anything quite like that…

Tags: ,
  1. Duane
    Jan 20th, 2009 at 16:49

I wonder if it will help alter a few people’s perception of US citizens.

2. Mr Flagg
    Jan 20th, 2009 at 16:56

what struck me was all the idling vehicles

GLOBAL WARMING PEOPLE!!

3. Amanda
    Jan 20th, 2009 at 17:21

It truly is cause for celebration. What network are you watching, though? The main ones here haven’t shown much celebrating, or much of the crowds, for that matter. Our media mongrels must be trying to avoid that aspect.

4. lapenn
    Jan 20th, 2009 at 17:43

it is awesome. 1.4 million people is the current estimate!

I went to the concert on Sunday, and that was amazing. I can’t even imagine how much better the inauguration must be.

what were your thoughts on the speeches? I’d love to hear your impressions.

5. Dale
    Jan 20th, 2009 at 17:46

Yeah there were a lot of really happy people. I enjoyed watching it from sunny and warm California though with free coffee and breakfast pastries.

I’m annoyed that Rick Warren said the Shema though.

6. maptheoceans
    Jan 20th, 2009 at 18:57

I’ll admit, I cried pretty hard when he won.

7. metamorpheus
    Jan 21st, 2009 at 01:49

…mostly unrelated

I added you… and I’m figuring that won’t bother you considering the number of people in your ‘friend of’ section that don’t fit the mutual friends list.
    But if it does, let me know, and I’ll respectfully ‘unfriend’.

And, of course, I wouldn’t expect you to add me back or any such thing- my journal tends to sometimes include long entries and I can suck with comment stuff in it- since I spend more of my time commenting in ama, hah! XD

As for the inauguration deal: I think a lot of people will now feel energized to get involved and participate in ways they previously felt where futile. And that’s good change. :)

8. sunanddaffodils
    Mar 22nd, 2009 at 05:48

I was there. On the mall. While it was undeniably moving, I must admit the whole endeavor was mildly disturbing from among the masses. I have never in my life just SEEN that many people at once. It was hard to get past that (and the fear of being trampled at the event’s conclusion).

I think I’d like to go back and just hear the speech again from the comfort and solitude of my home.