Archives

Posts Tagged ‘bbc’

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7617411.stm Stuff like this inevitably winds me up.. There’s something fundamentally wrong with the American psyche when it comes to taking important things seriously.. “She says it like it is”“I think she has strong moral values”“She’s doing great things, supporting her church and supporting her family” Does any of this really qualify her for anything? […]

Sep 16th, 2008 | Filed under LiveJournal Import

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7598996.stm This is just great.. He’s really helpful, right up until the last couple of paragraphs, in which he basically says exactly what I’m feeling – that the world in general (and American in particular) is full of idiots who mistrust/misunderstand science and would sooner pick ‘interesting’ outcomes over actual fact and reality. The change […]

Sep 10th, 2008 | Filed under LiveJournal Import
Tags:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/shropshire/7591523.stm Absolutely the wrong time, I know, but seriously.. “I can’t belive that one of the bodys was your mam. RIP Jill Foster. I hope that the other body isnt your dad. An I hope they dont find any mor an your just havin a week somewer with your dad or sumink.” “I miss you […]

Sep 1st, 2008 | Filed under LiveJournal Import
Tags: ,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7591370.stm So, it goes The analysis, of more than 500 million junk messages, revealed those letters that get more junk than average. It found that e-mail addresses starting with an “A”, “M” or “S” got more than 40% spam. By contrast those beginning with a “Q” or “Z” got about 20%. The difference could be […]

Sep 1st, 2008 | Filed under LiveJournal Import
Tags:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7574265.stm “Users may wish to turn on the privacy mode if they are planning a surprise party, buying presents or researching a medical condition and do not want others users of the same computer to find out.” Yes. I’m sure that those are exactly the reasons that a person would try to hide their browsing […]

Aug 21st, 2008 | Filed under LiveJournal Import
Tags:

There was a question on HYS (the most ridiculous opinion forum ever) about whether Russia’s relationship with the US had been harmed… It’s funny, because I would say that the answer is a resounding “no”. Just as Russia had obviously been waiting for an excuse to put Georgia in its place, so too had the […]

Aug 16th, 2008 | Filed under LiveJournal Import
Tags: ,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7559996.stm “minorities will soon make up 55% of the population” The remaining 45% cannot be considered a “majority”, ergo minorities will make up 100% of the population. “White non-Hispanics currently make up about two-thirds of the population, but only 55% of those are aged under five.” So you’re saying that more than half of all […]

Aug 14th, 2008 | Filed under LiveJournal Import
Tags:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7354538.stm Hmm.. I noticed this this morning too.. Nice to know that half the country also has to suffer – and good thing I don’t live in Europe where it would appear these smells are commonplace :o) Tweet

Apr 18th, 2008 | Filed under LiveJournal Import
Tags:

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/reality-tv/bbc-iplayer-the-flying-penguins/ Couldn’t find the iPlayer version, but this will do.. As far as these things go, that’s perfect.. Tweet

Apr 1st, 2008 | Filed under LiveJournal Import
Tags:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7306752.stm “Famous Five: On the Case features the children of the original ginger beer-loving adventurers – and their dog, Timmy.” I note that the originals have been retcon’d – I’m pretty sure they weren’t all ginger, and this beer-loving thing is obviously a blatant attempt to market to kids.. “The team is completed by adventure […]

Mar 20th, 2008 | Filed under LiveJournal Import
Tags: